12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS WITH JOLLYS
1. What could be better for the foodie fans in your life than a hamper from Jollys? We have a range of hampers packed full of Orkney's finest produce at a range of prices, from our Peedie Taste of Orkney hamper to our Deluxe Orkney hamper. You can also pick your delivery date, optional wicker basket and there's free UK delivery. It's the perfect way to give a taste of home.
2. Christmas means parties! It's a time to go all out, so why not impress your friends and family with these smoked salmon blinis from Jamie Oliver? You can find all the fresh seafood you need for this at Jollys, or if you'd prefer, pick up one of our ready-made seafood platters!
3. Orkney Fudge Tiffin is a classic, but why not give it a twist and add some of our Highland Park Fudge for a special treat this Christmas! Try our Orkney Fudge Tiffin recipe.
4. We all have that tricky person to buy for. Personalised gifts are hard to beat, and our hampers can be made up with anything that you like! Have a look at our selection online for ideas or pop into our shop at Hatston or the Brig Larder – you could add anything from savoury treats to sweets, chutneys, biscuits and more.
5. No meal is complete without a cheeseboard. We have everything you need to make a truly show stopping selection – from our classic cheddar to Grimbister farm cheese and the subtle and delicately nutty Westray Wife. Add some flakey biscuits and oatcakes and you're on to a winner.
6. With all the sweet treats and indulgent meals it can be tricky to stay healthy during the festive period. If you're looking for a lighter meal and a way to pack in some healthy fats, try some salmon: it's full of Vitamin D which we can safely say you won't be overdosing on at this time of year! Simply grilled with some lemon juice and served with lots of steamed green veg, it's a delicious way to look after yourself at Christmas.
7. Everyone loves a saving, and if you've never ordered from Jollys before you can take 10% off! Simply use the code JOLLY10 at checkout.
8. Have you got your stocking fillers sussed? Do they include some Orkney Fudge or Peedie Tatties? Our range of sweeties make an excellent addition to any Santa sock!
9. Aim to impress this Christmas with a whole side of salmon. At Jollys we have the finest Orkney salmon, prepared by hand in a range of flavours and styles. From flavoured to hot cure and our unique Highland Park Whisky and Kirkjuvagr Orkney Gin flavours, fresh Orkney salmon can't be beaten.
10. Baby it's cold outside! Seafood chowder is a perfect recipe for this time of year to warm you up when it's cold and dreich outside. It couldn't be simpler, either – get yourself some Orkney smoked fish, tatties, leeks and milk and you're halfway there. Try this recipe from BBC Good Food.
11. Santa works hard at Christmas so why not leave out something more rewarding on Christmas eve this year! We're sure he'll appreciate some cheese and flakey biscuits, or maybe some Orkney fudge... all of which pair perfectly with whisky! Or perhaps Santa would prefer smoked salmon – our special Kirkuvagr Gin and Orange smoked salmon would make a welcome change from cookies and a glass of milk.
12. If you're still stuck for present ideas, or need some inspiration for Christmas dinner, pop into the Brig Larder, or try Jollys at Hatston. We have everything you could possibly need to make this Christmas extra special, from food and drink to gifts, books and more. If you're looking for gifts but can't decide, we do gift vouchers, too!