Jollys of Orkney Smoked Salmon Frittata
The summer months can often be a busy time of year with the kids on holiday, leaving limited time to prepare meals. Sometimes the thought of going on a picnic can leave you flustered, thinking what food you can rustle up to bring along. This delicious Jollys of Orkney Smoked Salmon frittata is the answer to all of your prayers – quick, easy and extremely tasty. We all know that smoked salmon and cream cheese are a match made in heaven, so why not give it a go?
Using our very own Smoked Salmon, this frittata is a wonderful addition to any picnic spread. Served hot or cold, this healthy yet heart dish will go down a treat.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 8 eggs
- 200g spinach
- 180g Jollys of Orkney Smoked Salmon
- 2 tablespoons of crème fraiche
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of dill
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- Use 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the spinach in a deep-frying pan until wilted. Season well
- Over the wilted spinach, lay bite sized pieces of smoked salmon. Spread across the area of the pan
- Mix 8 eggs, 2 tablespoons of crème fraiche and 1 tablespoon of dill in a bowl. Once combined, pour over the spinach and salmon in the pan.
- Mix contents of the pan together but ensure the salmon is spread evenly throughout.
- Cook on a low heat for 6-8 minutes until the bottom of the frittata is cooked through. Add the cream cheese in dollops over the top of the frittata along with the remaining dill.
- Transfer to the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Serve hot or wait until it has cooled down for a great picnic option.
Screenshot your shopping list
To make your shopping experience easier, we have created an image that you can screenshot, so you won't forget the ingredients to our recipes ever again.