Sunday mornings allows allow that extra bit of time to create special breakfasts. This high protein and high fat breakfast is an Orcadian take on Turkish eggs - full of the nutrients you need to kick start the day. Light, refreshing and nourishing, this breakfast will keep you feeling satisfied for longer.
Although one of our breakfast favourites, this delicious dish is also great as a light lunch or dinner. This easy dish takes minutes to rustle up, yet it certainly doesn’t sacrifice on flavour.
- 100g Jollys of Orkney Smoked Salmon
- 1 Egg
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 100g Asparagus tips, sliced
- 2 Spring onions
- Handful of kale, stalks removed
- Handful of mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
- Teaspoon of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Handful of toasted pistachios
- Salt and pepper
- Bread/Orkney Oatcakes to serve
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil
- While waiting for the water to boil, heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the spring onions, asparagus and garlic for 3 - 4 minutes until the asparagus is tender. Add the kale to the pan along with salt and pepper
- Now attend to the water, once it has boiled, turn the heat down until it is bubbling. Crack the egg into the water, careful not to break the yolk. Poach the egg for 3 -4 minutes until the white has cooked while keeping the yolk runny.
- Mix a teaspoon of olive oil with the paprika and set aside.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of yogurt over your plate and top with a pile of greens. Pop the poached egg on top along with the smoked salmon. Drizzle the paprika oil over the top and finish the dish off with a sprinkling of toasted pistachios.
- Serve with a side of lovely fresh crust bread or Orkney Oatcakes