Orkney Cheddar Flapjack
What normally springs to mind when someone mentions flapjack is a sweet treat filled with rich dried fruit and nuts. We've put an alternative spin on our flapjack - this deliciously herby sliced of goodness is filled with a cheesy surprise, perfect for a picnic.
A great addition to any picnic basket, our Orkney Cheddar Flapjack recipe is filling, wholesome and will keep you satisfied during an energetic day out. High in protein, rich in flavour, this snack will go down a treat.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes (including baking)
- 100g oats
- 100g crushed Stockans Thick Oatcakes
- 1 leek finely sliced
- 75g Orkney Butter
- 2 eggs
- 200g Extra Mature Orkney Cheddar
- Pinch of chilli powder
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- Heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4 and line a shallow 22 x 30cm baking tin with baking paper.
- Cut one leek in half and thinly slice. Add the Orkney Butter to a pan, along with the sliced leek and finely chopped rosemary. Season with a pinch of chilli powder, salt and pepper. On a low heat, let the leek soften for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir through the oats, crushed Stockans Thick Oatcakes, Orkney Cheddar Cheese and eggs.
- Tip the mixture into a prepared tin and spread throughout.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Once cool, carefully lift the flapjack out of the tin onto a chopping board and cut into squares.
Screenshot your shopping list
To make your shopping experience easier, we have created an image that you can screenshot, so you won't forget the ingredients to our recipes ever again.