National Baking Week returns for 2018 from the 15th – 21st October and we couldn’t let it pass without celebrating it.
A firm favourite in our online store is the Orkney Fudge. To create a classic autumn bake, we have combined our Orkney Fudge with a crisp apple to give us these delicious apple and fudge muffins.
This easy muffin recipe is quick to prepare and big on flavour.
Makes 12 muffins
Preparation Time: 45 mins
225g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
70g Orkney Fudge
2 Pink Lady apples
1 medium egg
200g golden caster sugar
60g Orkney Butter, melted
170ml soured cream
1 ½ tbsp honey
- Preheat your oven to 180°C or gas mark 4. Prepare your muffin tray with 12 paper muffin cases.
- Mix the flour, Orkney Fudge and baking power in a bowl until combined.
- Thinly slice one of the apples and then dice into small chunks - add to the dry mix. Slice the remaining apple and set aside to top the muffin.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the egg and sugar. Whisk in the melted Orkney Butter followed by the soured cream.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry one, folding until the batter comes together.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and top with a slice or two of apple.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Brush the muffins with honey and leave to cool.
Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or as an autumnal breakfast treat.
If you wish to find out more about National Baking Week, head over to their website.