Cheese pizza is out; salmon pizza is in!
Feel like something a little fancier than cheese pizza tonight? Smoked salmon and crème fraîche pizza may sound like a lot of work, but it only takes 30 minutes to make! We’re using our organic smoked salmon in this recipe for ultimate luxury. This pizza is bursting with flavour and zing, perfect for an end-of-the-summer Friday night.
- 2 x 145g packs pizza base mix
- 200ml lukewarm water
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 300ml carton crème fraîche
- 2 tsp fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 200g organic smoked salmon
- Handful of wild rocket leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7.
- In a large bowl, add the pizza base mixes and make a well in the centre. Add in the lukewarm water into the well and mix to a soft dough.
- Once finished, turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes until the dough looks smooth and feels elastic.
- To make the base, roll your dough out onto a 30cm circle and then lay on a large baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Prick the dough all over with a fork.
- Take your lemon and cut it in half, then finely grate the zest. Drizzle over the oil and season to taste.
- Then bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until the pizza base is lightly puffed, crisp and golden in places.
- Meanwhile, mix the crème fraîche with the lemon zest, and parsley. Season to taste.
- Tear the organic smoked salmon into small pieces.
- Remove the pizza base from the oven and top with dollops of the lemon, herb crème fraîche and the smoked salmon pieces. Scatter over the rocket leaves and season with a little freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
Top tips for the recipe
- Serve with a cold white wine or sparkling elderflower drink to complete dinner.
- Complete the night with some Orkney Beremeal Shortbread